Huge news for iPad 2 users today, with Deus Ex: The Fall receiving full iPad 2 support and a slew of additional updates and enhancements available for download right now, via the App Store!
Additionally, based on the feedback that we’ve received so far from the Deus Ex community, enemy A.I. has also received significant updates and improvements and will no longer incorrectly lose sight of the player and will exhibit improved awareness of the player.
Full patch notes are as follows:
- iPad 2 is now a supported device;
- Improved stability on all devices. Fixed rare crashes that could occur in the following areas of gameplay:
- Pocket Secretaries;
- Hacking Terminals;
- Security Hubs;
- Disabling auto-save will now fully disable auto-save in all situations. Previously, if auto-save had been disabled in the options, the game would still auto-save when exiting a level.
- Fixed issue where enemy A.I. seemed to lose sight of the player;
- Improved enemy awareness of the player;
- Added confirmation box letting you know that you are about to end the game on the final level;
- Improved Double Takedown collision;
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to reset progress on a hacking node;
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to hack a node infinitely;
- Fixed bug where the timer would not update on a hacking schematic in the Belltower Helipad;
- Fixed bug where during hacking one-way bridges could be used both ways;
- Fixed issue with using Smart Vision aug on civilians, cameras, and boxguards;
- Fixed player appearing on the wrong floor when entering the Drug Den from the Drug Lab;
- Fixed collision on door in Moscow;
- Fixed areas where the player could stand up in a vent;
- Fixed certain floor collisions that caused dropped items to not be visible.
If you haven’t tried The Fall yet yourself, it’s available now on iTunes for $6.99 on the iPod Touch 5, iPhone 4S and above, iPad 2 and above.
Additionally, we’re also very excited to confirm that the Android version of Deus Ex: The Fall will be available in September. Until then, for more from Deus Ex make sure you’re following Deus Ex on Facebook, @EidosMontreal on Twitter and Eidos-Montreal on Tumblr!